Today marks one month since I began working on my eating habits and as far as weight loss, I am enjoying slow and steady progress Considering the fact, that I really haven’t given up that much, I am actually quite pleased despite the fact that I am not seeing the dramatic changes that I have always been used to. I am just trying to be realistic in the changes I am making . I am making the changes I can live with.
- In the last month, I have all but given up Diet Pepsi. ( hasn’t been a problem)
- In the last month, I have given up ice cream but not my favorite coffee creamer.
- In the last month, I have had one piece of chocolate and a bowl or two of fat free frozen yogurt when my sweet tooth got the best of me
- In the last month, I am drinking a lot more water.
- In the last month, I have been watching my portion sizes but more so, making healthier choices in what I am eating such as eating more chicken, fish, vegetables but less red meat, and starches without missing it very much.
I am trying to do away with that all or nothing mentality. And I am down a solid eight pounds. Think about eight lbs. That is eight, one pound packages of hamburger meat no longer clinging to my tired old intestinal tract! Haha! Perhaps too much information but I wanted to give you a visual. I can live with that. Probably live a lot longer because of it.
No, I am not saying it has been easy, but it is doable and some of the changes are beginning to stick. Like for instance, it is 10:16 on Sunday morning and I have already drank 3/ 16 0z bottles of water with little effort. Tonight we are having tilapia for dinner. And I will eat half of a sweet potato with it and of course greens..Progress NOT perfection.
Today I shared my efforts and progress for the first time with the 100+ people who read my Facebook page. And I don’t know if it was intentional or not, but my daughter-in-law, an avid runner shared a link with an article with Whole30 dinner recipes on her page. Just as I was thinking, I needed some inspiration so I don’t get bored which I thought was really cool.
Some of the recipes were really yummy looking so I thought I’d share.